Thursday, December 17, 2009

Netflix It: Walking and Talking


I'm very excited to hear Nicole Holofcener is coming out with a movie (Please Give) in 2010; her movies are always honest and thought-provoking, at the very least. Watch this space for more info...

Available from Netflix: Walking and Talking, written and directed by Nicole Holofcener

Synopsis from AllMovie.com:

A Manhattan woman struggles with loneliness in the face of her best friend's imminent marriage in this well-received independent comedy from first-time writer-director Nicole Holofcener. Amelia (Catherine Keener) feels isolated because her friend Laura (Anne Heche) has been devoting all her time to preparing for her upcoming wedding. Desperate, she resorts to the unthinkable: dating the nerdy, Fangoria-obsessed clerk at her local video store (Kevin Corrigan). This discouraging encounter, along with some awkward conversations with her former boyfriend, leave her even more depressed and jealous of Laura's good fortune. However, Laura soon reveals that she is having her own doubts about her future.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched this thanks to your recommendation, and I really enjoyed it! I've never seen any of Holofcener's films but I'll be sure to check out her others. Thanks for turning me on to a new cool female director!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, glad you liked it! It definitely made an impact on me--I saw it 10 years ago and I still say, "Hello, cookies!" when I walk into a room and see cookies...

    ReplyDelete